Integrated chain management
There are two Integral Chain Management (IKB) schemes for calves: one for white veal calves and one for rosé veal calves. The IKB scheme includes guidelines for veal farmers, veal processors, calf transporters, and the collection points where calves are marshalled.
The key points of the IKB scheme are:
- Welfare and housing.
- Reducing the use of antibiotics.
- Cooperation with certified vets and the associated use of company health and treatment plans.
- Use, storage and registration of veterinary medicines.
- Hygiene (cleaning and disinfecting).
- Animal feed and drinking water.
- Transport registration.
- Animal registration.
- The general condition of buildings and machines.