Certainty through unique control (SKV)
All our veal is monitored by the Foundation for Quality Guarantee of the Veal Sector (SKV) from the beginning to the end of the production process.
- SKV-monitored veal is guaranteed to be free of undesirable growth promoters. SKV monitoring in detail
- Participation in the SKV quality system is voluntary
- Veal farmers, processors and calf feed producers are all welcome to participate in the SKV quality system
- Veal farmers/veal processors participate in the SKV quality system because they are proud of their product and they want to have it tested independently
- More than 95% of the Dutch veal sector is associated with the SKV
- Unanounced administrative and visual checks are held at all links of the production chain • Unanounced product sampling takes place throughout the entire production process
- SKV has the samples it has taken analysed by the independent and specialised DUCARES TNO laboratory (www.ducares.nl)
- All SKV auditors are independent and impartial
An independent Scientific Council continuously works to assure the monitoring and analysis methods employed by the SKV.
- Non-compliance is subject to sanctions
The SKV has been accredited by the Dutch Accreditation Council (www.rva.nl) for its inspection activities (performed in accordance with NEN-EN-17020) and its certification activities (performed in accordance with NEN-EN 17065).