All our veal is monitored by the Foundation for Quality Guarantee of the Veal Sector (SKV) from the beginning to the end of the production process.
- SKV-monitored veal is guaranteed to be free of undesirable growth promoters. SKV monitoring in detail
- Participation in the SKV quality system is voluntary
- Veal farmers, processors and calf feed producers are all welcome to participate in the SKV quality system
- Veal farmers/veal processors participate in the SKV quality system because they are proud of their product and they want to have it tested independently
- More than 95% of the Dutch veal sector is associated with the SKV
- Unanounced administrative and visual checks are held at all links of the production chain • Unanounced product sampling takes place throughout the entire production process
- SKV has the samples it has taken analysed by the independent and specialised DUCARES TNO laboratory (www.ducares.nl)
- All SKV auditors are independent and impartial
An independent Scientific Council continuously works to assure the monitoring and analysis methods employed by the SKV.
- Non-compliance is subject to sanctions
The SKV has been accredited by the Dutch Accreditation Council (www.rva.nl) for its inspection activities (performed in accordance with NEN-EN-17020) and its certification activities (performed in accordance with NEN-EN 17065).